Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Is there hardware miminum requirement to run OpenERP?

By
Borni DHIFI
on 3/22/13, 11:19 AM 23,195 views

What is the minimum configuration of a server OpenERP with :

• Number of users connect to openerp: 5 user
  • Remote connection: (Africa, Europe)
  • openerp-version : 7.0 ?

Thanks

Wira Bakti Soenaryo
On 3/23/13, 12:56 AM

I ever tried to run OpenERP v7 two users on XEN VPS.

The VPS configuration only 384MB memory and 384MB SWAP. All run smoothly..

Thanks..

Angela
On 3/22/13, 12:51 PM

I wouldn't worry too much, I've run ours on many different configurations, including small ones (Windows XP SP3 with 2GB Ram) and didn't experience any particular issues.

Gustavo

--Gustavo--
| 2 1 4
Buenos Aires, Argentina
--Gustavo--

Python developer, big fan of sailing

Gustavo
On 7/18/13, 4:45 PM

I have a customer who is running OpenERP on a Ubuntu Box (running in a virtual machine) with 1Gb RAM. So far so good... has over 1,000 products and 3 users.

The only problem was not hardware related, was PostgreSQL related. And it was not a problem at all, but you should take a look at the vacuum process with PostgreSQL

Timo Talvitie
On 7/18/13, 5:20 PM

People have actually successfully installed OpenERP on Raspberry PI units - of course you wouldn't want to run a production installation inside one, but it does give a nice reference of how little OpenERP requires from hardware.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/22/13, 11:19 AM
Seen: 23195 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM