Odoo Help

Is there any XML-RPC API on v7 ?

v7
By
Mihalache Ciprian
on 2/8/13, 3:16 AM 7,860 views

On v6 the xml-rpc link was localhost:8069/xmlrpc

What about using xml-rpc on v7 ?

I've found this doc.openerp.com/trunk/developers/web/rpc/ but there is no link to connect using php for example to the openerp server and insert data.

Even if it is no longer mentioned in the documentation of version 7.0, the XML/RPC API is still there.

You can rely on the 6.1 documentation, it will work with version 7.0

PHP example

NetworkError: 404 NOT FOUND myopenerp:8069/xmlrpc

Mihalache Ciprian
on 2/8/13, 3:56 AM

@Mihalache Ciprian: Are you trying to connect to the OpenERP SAAS? In such way, the access to XML/RPC is closed.

The documentation I linked is correct regarding the connection to XML/RPC.

Camptocamp SA, Guewen Baconnier - Software Developer, Camptocamp
on 2/8/13, 4:54 AM

As far as I know XMLRP is disabled on SAAS

Camptocamp SA
on 2/8/13, 4:56 AM

Answer is correct. That part of the documentation needs some love: the wizard endpoint doesn't exist anymore, additional endpoints are provided (exposing the database name in the URI), NET-RPC is deprecated, ...

Vo Minh Thu
on 2/8/13, 5:47 AM

using Firebug openerp web is using myopenerp:8069/web/dataset/callkw or myopenerp:8069/web/dataset/searchread and so on for every portion displaid. So there must by a way co connect from outside.

Mihalache Ciprian
on 2/8/13, 5:53 AM

The xml-rpc api documentation for v7 is available here: http://doc.openerp.com/trunk/developers/server/api_models/

Are you sure of your link?

Camptocamp SA
on 2/8/13, 4:54 AM

Although there is a straightforward mapping between the ORM API and the RPC API, your link doesn't contain anything about RPC endpoints.

Vo Minh Thu
on 2/8/13, 5:44 AM

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/8/13, 3:16 AM
Seen: 7860 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM