This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hi everybody, I have --dbfilter set to  %h$ which works fine only when i access mydomain.com without www but when i access using www.mydomain.com i get redirected to  the database manager.

Is there any way i can filter my databases using my domain with and without www?

Discard
Best Answer

^%h$ takes the complete domain and therefore Odoo tries to match the database name "www-domain-com", which it could not find. If you use ^%d$ instead, it tries to find the database name of the subdomain except of "www". If there is no other subdomain than "www", it matches the domain name. Examples with ^%d$:

- www.domain.tld: database "domain"

- subdomain.domain.tld: database "subdomain"

Discard
Author Best Answer

Thanks for your response. I actually have it set to %h$ but if i set it to ^%h$ or ^%d$ i get the website only without www, but it won't let me access the backend because for domain1.tld/web it shows the database manager as well as for the other domains23.tld/web . Is there a way to resolve this issue maybe using apache or any other approach?

Discard

Yes of course you need a proxy server for a (reasonable) setup. Check this for further help:

http://antiun.github.io/odoo-reverse-proxy-howto/

I would also recommend not to use self-signed Certificates, but "Let's encrypt"-SSL for example. You might also look at caddyserver (www.caddyserver.com) for a simple proxy server with automatic SSL.

Author

Thank you Ermin!