Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
I have installed openerp v7 on a Intel dual core machine
- RAM: 4G
- OS: FreeBSD 9.1
- PostgreSQL: 9.2
It's a machine for testing OpenERP so there's only 2~3 users.
The reaction is kinda slow even there's only one concurrent user.
The machine's kinda old so I'm trying to squeeze the juice out of it... So I'm wondering does anyone have a tuning guide of tips?
You don't mention the version of PostgreSQL you have installed (9.2 is faster than 9.1), or how much RAM you have, or how many total users you support, how many concurrent users you support, or what they do, or how performance is now - what about those details?
These are the pieces that affect performance of OpenERP:
- Disk hardware - very little you can do
- Operating System - no experience with FreeBSD
- Database - PostgreSQL - see below
- Application - Python - Unless you want to start profiling code and re-programming there isn't anything here you can do
- Python Interpreter - Doubful there is anything here you can do
- Web Server - CherryPy - A single Pentium M 1.6 Ghz with 1GB can support over 500 requests a second
- CPU - nothing you can do apart from upgrade
- Memory - nothing you can do apart from upgrade/increase
So your only real option is PostgreSQL.
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 7/17/13, 7:43 AM|
|Seen: 6520 times|
|Last updated: 7/4/16, 3:21 AM|