Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Is there any other way to access fields function that is not saved i.e it's store behaviour is False?

By
Anirudh Lou
on 5/31/15, 9:47 PM 576 views

Hi community, just wanna ask if there is a way to access fields function that is not saved i.e it's store behaviour is False? If there is then how? Thanks.

If you want to use the value for filtering in a view, I guess you have to store it. If not, you should be able to use a function field within Python code whithout any problems.

Thanks sir for your comment, i want to use it's value for comparison and for validation. So can i access it just like an ordinary field (i.e class.fields_function)?

Anirudh Lou
on 6/1/15, 8:39 PM

A field is a field. The mooment you create it and populate it, you can use it.

Odooveloper (by Rui Franco)
on 6/2/15, 12:41 AM

OK, thanks again sir.

Anirudh Lou
on 6/2/15, 1:08 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/31/15, 9:47 PM
Seen: 576 times
Last updated: 6/1/15, 8:30 PM