Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Is there any module to add seasonal discount in ODOO?

Tintu Mon
on 12/9/15, 12:30 AM 560 views

Is there any module to add seasonal discount in ODOO? For example I want to make discount from Dec 25th (Christmas) to Jan 1st(New Year). Help me with any idea or suggest me any module which is already available?

Atul Arvind

--Atul Arvind--
| 3 3 5
--Atul Arvind--

I am odoo Enthusiast/Consultant from Baroda, Gujarat, India. Working with odoo from v5 to v9 and other opensource technology since 4+ years. Having Strong Expertise in

Requirement gathering & Gap Analysis

Odoo Development

Odoo Customization

Odoo Training

Odoo Integration

Server Administration

Odoo Migration

I am also active on StackOverflow.

Atul Arvind
On 12/10/15, 2:22 AM

Odoo includes pricelist in default installtion, You can use that.
This https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gotUoKrMHT0  video will help you.  

On 1/25/16, 6:57 AM

Yes, you can configure seasonal discount in ODOO with the help of price list configuration for the products you wish. In order to activate the price list you need to go to Settings>Sales>Customer Feature>Use pricelist to adapt your price as per customer. Now go to sales menu>Pricelist>Pricelist. Here you can configure your price list as required

As per your query, as to how to make/configure discount from Dec 25th (Christmas) to Jan 1st(New Year), we can do so by following a 3 step process in Odoo 8 :-

1) Creating a pricelist ( Sales>PriceList) with name “New Year Discount”

2) Once the pricelist “New Year Discount” is created and saved, we need to add a version to the price list configured. The version will allow us to select the validity dates of the discount offered (i.e Start and End dates of the discount). In your case the start date would be Dec 25th and end date would be Jan 1st .

3) Now once you have a created a version of the price list, you would be required to add rules as per any particular Product category/Product/Product template. Here you can arithmetically set the value of discount as per requirement

For e.g. if I want to provide a discount of 40% on the public price of the product then, under the heading Computation, Based on = Public price. While New Price = Base Price *(1+(-0.4)). The reason behind putting “-0.4” is due the percentage of discount we want to offer(i.e.40%)

You can also refer this link for more info

Hopes this helps

Ermin Trevisan

--Ermin Trevisan--
| 6 3 7
Walchwil, Switzerland
--Ermin Trevisan--

Ermin Trevisan
On 12/9/15, 1:55 AM

You can set up a corresponding pricelist and define start and end dates. You don't need an extra module for this.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 12/9/15, 12:30 AM
Seen: 560 times
Last updated: 1/27/16, 7:03 AM