Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Is there another US-style bank statement reconcilation module available?

By
Douglas Muller
on 4/29/14, 6:48 PM 965 views

I need a module that allows me to simply match our books (which already have payments received and sent properly recorded and reconciled with their invoices) with the bank statement. This is basically just to find out what has cleared and what hasn't and to be sure nothing is missing from our books. I've tried using the one from NovaPoint, but I'm finding it so buggy that I can't even get through one month's reconciliation. I appreciate their effort, but I'm wondering if there is another module that does just this--it's hard to tell, as in the module listings, the word "reconcile" seems mostly to refer to the payment/invoice reconciliation process and not what I'm describing.

If I must dig into the code of the NovaPoint module a little to see what's causing the bugginess, I will, but I figured I'd ask first to see if there is an alternative out there.

Loving pretty much everything else about OpenERP. Just really need this functionality.

Thanks for any advice,

Doug

I also found the NovaPoint module very buggy and difficult to use. If you refresh the transaction list, for example, all check boxes are removed. Really need a first class reconciliation tool for US bank statements.

Thinkwell Designs, Dave Burkholder
on 10/3/14, 8:29 PM

This not only applies to the US, I'm after the same. The supplier invoices are paid one by one, and accounting moves are made. So what I want is to flag them as reconciled. Everything I try I end up creating new moves.

Torvald Baade Bringsvor
on 11/7/14, 7:19 AM

Which version of Odoo?

Matt Taylor
on 11/7/14, 9:07 AM

The latest, 8.0

7. nov. 2014 15:07 skrev "Matt" <matt_commercial-lindenelevator-com@mail.odoo.com> følgende:

Which version of Odoo?

--
Matt
Sent by OpenERP S.A. using Odoo about Forum Post Is there another US-style bank statement reconcilation module available?
Torvald Baade Bringsvor, Torvald B. Bringsvor
on 11/7/14, 9:17 AM

So, are we talking about this module? I see that it is for version 7, but it must be somewhat functional in version 8: https://www.odoo.com/apps/7.0/npg_bank_account_reconciliation/

Matt Taylor
on 11/7/14, 12:21 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

4 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/29/14, 6:48 PM
Seen: 965 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM