Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Is there an ad hoc query tool in v7.0?

Karl Branyik
on 8/1/13, 7:01 AM 1,590 views

For chasing errors and user "irregularities" each ERP system has got an adhoc query tool, usually corresponding to an SQL Select command. Why was base_report_creator discontinued in v7.0? Is there a replacement for it?

Thank you very much in advance!!!

Karl Branyik
On 8/1/13, 7:18 PM

Dear Sisters and Brothers,

I really DO APPRECIATE your comments, help, assistance!!! You certainly have recognized, I am no programming fan, nor a very experienced OpenERP developer. Did I ask wrong question regarding query? Besides of huge flexibility OpenERP is offering in terms of functional - source code development, is there an easy way to query data, except of using Python and limited XML capabilities?

Best regards, and and easy yes/no answer (to the question if exists) is also an answer!

Thank you very much!

Grover Menacho

--Grover Menacho--
| 5 7 8
La Paz, Bolivia
--Grover Menacho--

Systems Engineer + MBA

Grover Menacho
On 8/1/13, 8:01 PM

I am not sure about what you are talking about. If you are asking about a place inside OpenERP where you can insert a sql query and it generates a view. No, it doesn't exist. But if you only want to make sql sentences I recommend you to install pgadmin. It's really useful.

Thank you very much, that's what I expected.

enterpreneur, Karl Branyik
on 8/2/13, 4:53 AM
Alain Ivars
On 8/1/13, 8:07 PM

Not sure but Maybe the Dashboard can replace it for your usage !
But if you want realy integrate long term Bussinnes Inteligence (BI) to OpenERP you can use maybe openerp ETL or my prefer solution Pentaho or Jasper.

Pentaho :
http://openerpmanagementsystem.blogspot.fr/2012/12/openerp-steps-for-pentaho-kettlepdi.html or

I hope that will help you :)

Thank you very much! I shall look at the less complicated.

enterpreneur, Karl Branyik
on 8/2/13, 5:17 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 8/1/13, 7:01 AM
Seen: 1590 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM