Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Is there a way to get prompt for a contract renewal

By
David Goodenough
on 3/7/15, 1:39 PM 512 views

In the fleet module there are contracts, and these can be renewed.  Is there a facility to raise a todo or a message of some kind as a reminder to renew it?

David Goodenough
On 3/14/15, 3:58 PM

Well as this does not seem to be possible directly, I have been looking around as to how I might do this.

Presumably the best way to do this would be to set up a workflow.  When a contract is created its end date should be read, and a TODO created due say one month before the end date.

So I see how to create a workflow on the creation of the contract, the question is how do I create a TODO.  The only way I know is when an email arrives it can be transformed into TODO, but I am unsure which module this is done in so that I can go any look how to do it.  I guess I am going to have to add a python method which gets called by the workflow.

So what is the Model that handles TODOs and where do I find its definition?

Maybe it is not a todo I need but rather a calendar event?

David Goodenough
on 3/15/15, 7:06 AM

Although of course calendar events are presented purely as meetings, where really they could be other types of event.

David Goodenough
on 3/15/15, 7:57 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/7/15, 1:39 PM
Seen: 512 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM