Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Is there a way to edit multiple items, i.e. products, (and possibly contacts, customers etc) in list view?

By
Glen Morley
on 4/1/14, 8:44 PM 1,974 views

I would like to be able to change (edit) items in list view, i.e. go to 'Sales>Products>Products', select list view, and then edit fields on various products - for example pricing or descriptions. Is there a way to do this?

Ray Carnes suggestion isn't bad, but also isn't the answer to my question.

Glen Morley
on 7/10/14, 1:13 AM

You mean, u want to select multiple product to edit. But for each product you want to give different values right?

Remya
on 7/10/14, 2:08 AM

Hello Remya

Yes, that’s right.  So I could go through and edit say the prices of 10 items without opening each item individually, even though the prices were all different.  The same goes for the descriptions, part numbers, costs etc.

Initially filters would be used to only have the required items showing, and then they could all be edited.  It would obviously also be very useful if the required fields (that aren’t normally shown) such as cost, weight etc for products, and postcode, fax, price lists etc for partners - i.e. suppliers & customers.

Thanks for your interest!

Kind Regards

Glen Morley

Sent: Thursday, 10 July 2014 4:08 PM
Subject: Re: Is there a way to edit multiple items, i.e. products, (and possibly contacts, customers etc) in list view?

You mean, u want to select multiple product to edit. But for each product you want to give different values right?

Glen Morley
on 7/10/14, 3:10 AM

What do you mean?

Allen Walker
on 7/10/14, 3:13 AM

I dont find any module like that. Same as Ray i got another module: mass editing. Using this module we can edit more than one record. But we can only set same value for each record.

Remya
on 7/10/14, 4:08 AM

Hello Allen

Here is some correspondence with Remya:

Remya:

Hello Remya

Yes, that’s right.  So I could go through and edit say the prices of 10 items without opening each item individually, even though the prices were all different.  The same goes for the descriptions, part numbers, costs etc.

Initially filters would be used to only have the required items showing, and then they could all be edited.  It would obviously also be very useful if the required fields (that aren’t normally shown) such as cost, weight etc for products, and postcode, fax, price lists etc for partners - i.e. suppliers & customers.

Thanks for your interest!

Kind Regards

Glen Morley

Sent: Thursday, 10 July 2014 5:13 PM 

What do you mean?

Glen Morley
on 7/10/14, 5:46 PM
Ivan Yelizariev
On 5/4/15, 10:24 AM

You can export records you need, modify fields in csv file and import back

Turkesh Patel (tpa)
On 7/10/14, 3:15 AM

you can use editable list view.

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 4/2/14, 12:10 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/1/14, 8:44 PM
Seen: 1974 times
Last updated: 5/4/15, 10:24 AM