Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Is there a way to annotate which is a shipping address and invoicing address when having partners with multiple addreses?

By
Kit Sunde
on 10/17/14, 4:06 AM 516 views

Right now when I search I'm expected to inherently know which of "Kit Sunde" is the shipping and invoicing address and after placing it on the order it doesn't display that information. Is there something off the shelf that will display the shipping address, invocing address and amke it show up in search as well?

Ivan

--Ivan--
| 5 3 6
Jakarta, Indonesia
--Ivan--
Ivan
On 10/20/14, 8:06 AM

Kit, it is in the Type field of the res.partner.  You can tag if a res.partner is of type Default, Invoice, Shipping, Contact, or Other.

You can only do that if a partner belongs to a company. I'm doing B2C

Kit Sunde
on 10/20/14, 8:13 AM

Yes, but you can borrow the feature to be used for your purpose, meaning that a "company" is not a real company but rather a collection of address/contact.

Ivan
on 10/21/14, 9:37 AM

Ludo - Neobis

--Ludo - Neobis--
| 2 2 5
Hoogvliet, Netherlands
--Ludo - Neobis--

Developer

Ludo - Neobis
On 10/17/14, 6:07 AM

My assumption here is that you have checked the option "allow multiple addresses" in sale (or accounting, I keep forgetting) of your OpenERP settings? 

If so, on the Sale Order you should be able to select seperate addresses for delivery / invoice and contact. 

Assuming you have that, when creating a company under "customers" you should be able to create contacts. These contacts can have different types. Among these types are the options mentioned above. The selection fields on the sale order will look at the contacts for that company based on their type (for example; Kit Sunde, type="invoice", Kit Sunde, type="contact").

I'm not doing B2B at the moment, all my sales are B2C. So currently if a customer has an invoicing address and a separate shipping address then I've to create 2 customers and there's no quick way of discerning between them?

Kit Sunde
on 10/17/14, 6:21 AM

I'm afraid not. This has to do with the "great" discussion when version 6.0 transformed into 7.0, where partner_addresses turned into regular res_partners. There might be some alternatives that I don't know about.

Ludo - Neobis
on 10/17/14, 6:50 AM

Okay thanks. I think what I'll need to do is to categorize partners as canonical and non-canonical. For non-canonical hide non-address information and force them to be linked to the canonical one. This should make it so the client still only has 1 partner with sales and extra information, whilst keeping additional addresses separate. I don't welcome the effort required though..

Kit Sunde
on 10/17/14, 7:03 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/17/14, 4:06 AM
Seen: 516 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM