This question has been flagged
2 Replies

In germany it is very common to rise dunning fees or give early payment discounts (skonto).

example:

dunning fee: if the invoice isnt payed after 30 days net add fee of 7.87% per a (or 4,87%)

Process: Refund Invoice -> Create new one with referral to old one + the information of invalidity of the old one. The "payment follow up" Module is kind of unsatisfying, because you are not able to rise any fees.

early payment discounts: if payed within 7 days after billing, but with a payment target of 30 days, the customer gets 4% discount

Process: Register full payment -> do the accounting record the other way around -> subtract or add taxes etc. [additional_discount] (www.openerp.com/apps/trunk/additional_discount/) is just for 6.1.

But still both are feasible, but we are at the domain of ERP (as automated as possible) so this isnt a very satisfying solution.

Is there a more simple solution like an app or module to solve this? How do other companies solve this problem, but of preventing both to happen? Is there an easy solution in v8?

If there is no solution i am thinging about to raise a fund at [bountysource.com] (www.bountysource.com) and do it my self. Do you think that this topic could be interesting enough?

Discard

What would be the full list of account moves for each one of those transactions? With that, it could be easier to try and implement it...

Best Answer

Did you tried to implemented both with payment terms. Payment terms allow the invoice to create two lines of receivables. When you register a payment, you can choose to reconcile with one or the two lines. Never tested, but it should work.

Discard
Author

doesn't seem to work as expected. What i tried: create payment term of 96% in 7 days + balance within 30 days -> create invoice -> register payment -> 96% of the amount is booked. There seems to be some kind of writing off procedure. But if i try to write off to an account called "other expenditures" the invoice is still "open". Other problem is: even if that would work as expected there is still the problem that it is not possible to write off taxes form a second account at the same time. It is also not possible to increase the payment amount or create a new line to declare dunning fees.