Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Is there a module that implements serial numbers for OpenERP7?

By
Marco
on 1/17/14, 8:15 PM 1,725 views

I watched a video that did this in a previous version but I cannot find anything for 7 other than providing a serial number during the manufacturing process, but I also want to provide products that I buy from suppliers with their serial numbers.

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)

--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--
| 7 7 8
San Francisco, United States
--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--

Director Odoo USA

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
On 1/18/14, 3:54 AM

You have 2 settings to activate in Settings > Warehouse, then you will be able to give a serial number to any product you purchase at the time you receive them as incoming shipments. Use the "Split" icon.

image description

Can we give individual number to individual product.

Ashmsh.M
on 1/18/14, 7:38 AM

IIRC I read that doing this actually enables lots serialing, as in I cannot give unique serials for indiviodual products unless I do a workaround and create lots of 1 product. does openERP7 have any kind of implementation for ACTUAL serialing individual products?

Marco
on 1/18/14, 12:57 PM

You can have serial numbers for individual items. I have added a v7 screenshot in the original post for your convenience. You can set up a barcode scanner to scan your items and enter these serial numbers quickly.

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
on 1/18/14, 1:57 PM

thank you, I found it with the aid of your picture. Now I have a bit of a problem, I can indeed give serial numbers to incoming products but when sell those and I try to use the split icon in order to use provide the outgoing items with serials that are already registered but when I try it it gives me the following error. "Insufficient stock for serial number!¨" "You are moving 1.00 Unit(s) but only 0.00 Unit(s) available for this serial number." But my stock for that product is 13 and I only sold 2 items in this test.

Marco
on 1/18/14, 3:24 PM

You obviously made a mistake somewhere. You should track where the item with this specific serial number is thanks to the stock moves.

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
on 1/18/14, 3:37 PM

Just checked, even if I didn't have 13 as stock (which I do), the last 3 movements are 3 units coming in. so I should have enough if I want to sell 2.

Marco
on 1/18/14, 3:54 PM
sad
On 6/5/14, 3:33 PM

Apparently despite the error that was appearing the products were sent anyways with the correct SN, cheers!

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/17/14, 8:15 PM
Seen: 1725 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM