Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Is there a module for managing PO and SO with MOQ (Minimal Order Quantity) ?

By
Anabela Damas
on 4/10/13, 3:13 PM 3,934 views

Hi,

Someone knows if there is a module that allow me to in Purchase Quotation to add a line whit a product, and instead of having a specific quantity we could choose MOQ (Minimal Order Quantity)?

What I'm looking is a way to if someone ask me to sell to him the smallest quantity of something , I need a way to represent that in the Sale Quotation. And then when I 'll go to study the market of my suppliers I've to have a way to in my Purchase Quotation represent that I need the smallest quantity possible. This is for a chemical enterprise.

If there isn't a module someone have any idea how is the best way to do this?

Thanks

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 4/12/13, 2:48 AM

You set the minimum order quantity (called Minimal Quantity) for each Supplier of a Product, on the Product form view - Procurements tab:

image description

But what I need is to ask to my supplier to give me a quotation to the minimal order quantity that he accept... I'll never know the what quantity it will be...
So in Purchase Order I'll need instead of a numerical quantity I'll need MOQ ....

Versão Integral, Anabela Damas
on 4/12/13, 8:36 AM

Gustavo

--Gustavo--
| 2 1 4
Buenos Aires, Argentina
--Gustavo--

Python developer, big fan of sailing

Gustavo
On 4/10/13, 3:51 PM

The procurement module takes care of that. Actually OpenERP allows you choose MOQ. OpenERP proposes the minimum quantity to purchase based on the rules defined in the product

There is further information in the Logistics e-book. I encourage you to study it since it is very well explained how this works

Thanks, I'll read it and check it .

on 4/11/13, 6:40 AM

The information that I was looking weren't there...

on 4/23/13, 9:21 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/10/13, 3:13 PM
Seen: 3934 times
Last updated: 8/13/16, 12:34 AM