Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Is there a "Manage Views" equivalent for Qweb views?

By
Jeff Beidler
on 2/20/15, 2:29 PM 625 views

Since you don't see the Debug menu when looking at a Qweb report output (in HTML mode), you aren't able to see which views are being applied, as you can when customizing the Odoo UI.  Is there another trick to finding out which views are being collectively applied to generate the final output of a Qweb view?  I am working on customizing our Picking List forms, and I have (or, so I thought) removed all of the tables from the default (stock.report_picking) view.  However, one of them still shows up, so there must be a secondary view being applied.  I can't track it down, however, because when I go into Settings->Reports and find the Stock Picking report, then click on "Search associated Qweb views", it only shows the default (stock.report_picking) view.  Not even my custom view shows up in the list, so it's possible that other views may be extending the default.

zbik

--zbik--
| 6 4 7
Lodz, Poland
--zbik--

zbik
On 2/21/15, 6:51 AM

If inheritance views is working correctly, than after click on "Search associated Qweb views" should be visible all inherited views. You verify inheritance and depends (in __openerp__.py) in your system.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/20/15, 2:29 PM
Seen: 625 times
Last updated: 5/2/15, 12:43 PM