Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Is there a Fidelity module?

on 3/27/13, 8:24 AM 2,262 views

Hi there!

I would like to add a fidelity program mostly for our customers who come in our shop. When we have a sale we "scan" the "fidelity card" from the customer and after a while with a "points" system he get a discount.

Is it possible?

Please someone...

on 3/27/13, 6:02 PM
Josse Colpaert (jco)
On 3/27/13, 6:22 PM

I don't think it is possible with the base OpenERP modules as such and the I can't remember something community. The question is maybe where you would like to have the fidelity card. Would it be something you would scan in the Point of Sale or a separate module where you could scan it. The code of the partner would evidently be in the partner together with his number of points. (These two fields, you could create with the technical features under settings (Database Structure > Models > res.partner) and then add them in the view with debugger mode, afterwards you add the bar code field in the search view of the customer views (This is 20 minutes of work for being able to look up a partner easily and add points and maybe e.g. change his pricelist according to his points manually then. ))

The reason it is not in the base system, might be because everyone will have different rules about when to apply the different rules. For example, you are talking about a discount: he can get it once, forever, or he can get one thing free?

Thank you for your answer.

What I tough is something very easy to use. Yes, I think it needs to be in the Point of Sale. Every time you create a new sale you may ask the customer his personal fidelity card. If not, you continue a simply sale.

Off course, there need to be some basic options on back office where you can choice to work with points, immediate discount or discount of 10% after 10 sales for example.

I think it can be something interesting to add this functionality to POS... Hopefully someone will try to make it. ( ASAP :-) )

on 3/27/13, 6:40 PM

Actually, I have seen in the POS that it is perfectly possible to scan the EAN of the partner and this field already exists in the system (partner form) so you could use that as the bar code of your fidelity card. This way you can connect a pos order with a client and keep track of his orders. The only thing you need is to connect it with a discount somehow. And maybe this can be done as I said by changing the pricelist of the customer. Maybe there are also a lot of other people eager to have this?

Josse Colpaert (jco)
on 3/29/13, 1:34 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 3/27/13, 8:24 AM
Seen: 2262 times
Last updated: 6/6/16, 9:36 AM