Odoo Help

Is the default main company special ?

By
Yurdik Cervantes Mendoza
on 9/12/16, 4:00 AM 501 views

Suppose I have renamed the main company for a solution. Some time after the deploy, a sister company has been founded.

The default access rules define access for the objects of the parent and children of the logged user's company .

In order to maintain the default access rules, one can clearly state that I need a parent company for them.  That way some objects can be monitored from the users of the parent company. I see two ways so far:

1. The easiest way is obviously create a new company for the parent, and update the parent_id of the existent ones to its "Id". But that will make my old "main company" as a child, with the admin user there...

but I have always had the feeling that the amin user and the main company are something special in the default config / behaviour.

2. Let the current  company (the original "main company") as the new "main company", create a new child company and move  and move all the objects to it.

Which way is less error prone, from the functional perspective?

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/12/16, 4:00 AM
Seen: 501 times
Last updated: 9/12/16, 9:41 AM