This question has been flagged
3 Replies

I´m a little bit confused and maybe from basic understanding wrong, but Is the access to different databases possible?

Let me explain:

My idea is to have one Odoo 10 installation with different databases.

In the main database I would like to build a user portal, where people can register with some personal data, which are bringing an unique key and where it ends to get proofed as a real person.

Now we  want to have additional some other databases for different projects, where we want to have the portal users there registered with Username and EMail-address AND the unique key from the main database. 

People can register in each of the project databases with different Usernames and EMail-addresses, but we know the real person behind if necessary.

The procedure for an new user should be the following:

1) Landing page of a project with possibility to register (or login)

2) Registering with Username and EMail-address AND all the data we need for the unique key

--> Stored data in the project database: Username/EMail-address/unique key

--> Stored data in the main database: unique key/Real name/DOB/etc.

Additional I would have for some projects common data on financing or logistics (same warehouses/goods/etc.)

Is that possible?

Discard
Best Answer

This looks like an assignment...

Well to answer your question, If you are asking, that you want to have multiple databases, and share/retrieve data from another database, then possibly the answer is No.

Unless you do work around and have a sync between databases, which doesn't look like a good option.

Discard
Best Answer

Simple answer : No.

Discard
Author Best Answer

@deep & @zahid: Thanks for your clear statements!

Discard