This question has been flagged

Hi All, 

Our office just received our PosBox few days ago and tried it immediately with the available hardwares in our office. I did some steps as listed below: 

STEP 1. Check the PosBox whether it's working fine. I've tested it by connecting it to my network via LAN cable, successfully sent and received ping packets and successfully connected to it via ssh from my workstation. (Successful)

STEP 2. Connect the printer (Posiflex PP-9000U-B) to the PosBox (via USB connection). Based on the manual, it should print the configuration (IP address and others) of the PosBox once it detects the connected printer. However, nothing happens on the Posiflex printer when I connect it to the PosBox. So I assume that the PosBox does not recognize the printer. (Failed)

STEP 3. Access the PosBox OS and check whether the PosBox detects the Posiflex printer (connected via USB). It shows from the list after hitting lsusb command that the Posiflex printer is detected. It provides information like Product ID and others. (Successful)

STEP 4: Add up the Posiflex printer details from the supported_devices.py and restart the PosBox. As suggested on the manual. (Successful)

STEP 5: Set up IP address and proxy printing options for the POS server to communicate with PosBox.(Successful)

STEP 6: Using Odoo v8, I open POS and successfully connected to PosBox. However, the error on the top-left part of the screen says"Scanner and Printer Offline". (Failed)

I've tried to print though I already got that error on the screen, just for the sake of trying. As expected, it did not print my receipt. Thus, if there's anyone out there who tried those products connected to PosBox, please let me know. Thanks in advance. :D Cheers!

Discard