Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Is POS available for gtk-client or web with standard keyboard?

By
Alejandro Santana
on 2/27/13, 10:17 AM 2,137 views

Hello.

I wonder if any of this two options is available in OpenERP v6.1:

1) Is it possible to launch POS in gtk-client? I have tried, but nothing happened. I could only launch it in web client. So... cannot a cashier work in gtk-client? Is it a problem of my installation or it simply cannot be done?

2) Is it posible to operate POS in web-client with a standard physical keyboard? It looks it only accepts mouse or maybe touch-screens. So... Is it posible to use a physical keyboard by installing some module? Or is it impossible to actually use a physical keyboard?

Thanks.

agb80
On 2/27/13, 11:47 AM

1) There is no POS for gtk client. POS is module as an extension to OpenERP web module and makes extensive use of javascript, using backbone.js, for performe it's operations. There is no posible to run on gtk client.

2) I don't have tried POS on 6.1 by myself, just openerp v7. It's compatible with physical keyboard and never have problems with it. I mean is a webpage, if can use keyboard with your browser there is no reason to can't use it with POS module.

OK, No GTK, got it. But in web browers (at least Chrome and Firefox) I cannot type product quantities with keyboard numeric pad, for example. The most I can do is use tab key... but it is almost useless, as for example, to enter "24" I should go to "2" then tab to 3, tab again to "Quantity" screen key, tab again to "4". The only time when I can use the physical keyboard is in the form where you input the amount of cash the customer gives for payment. And I have just checked it in both 6.1 and 7.0, same behaviour for both. Any idea?

Anubía, soluciones en la nube, S.L., Alejandro Santana
on 2/27/13, 1:05 PM

Download PoS for v7 from: lp:~mmakonnen/openobject-addons/point_of_sale_enhanced-70 and replace the core module with it. This module includes many enhanced features to PoS like the one you are looking for.

agb80
on 2/27/13, 8:08 PM

Thanks a lot. It looks promising. I will try it in v70. But, by any chance does it work also ounder v6.1?

on 2/28/13, 7:21 AM

If you like my answer would you mind selecting accept it? Regarding the v6.1 going to need some work as the API is different form v7

agb80
on 2/28/13, 6:53 PM

Yes, I tried it a bit and it surely helps. I have more questions or suggestions regarding the way it works. Specially... how could I make a refund? I cannot enter negative prices with keyboard. It's a nice implementation, anyway. I will try it more. Thanks a lot.

on 2/28/13, 8:41 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/27/13, 10:17 AM
Seen: 2137 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM