Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

is OpenERP opensource for developers?

on 8/5/13, 10:02 AM 1,543 views

Hello I have just informed by my developer that openerp is not opensource therefore he cannot integrate with another program. Is it true or he does not have the right skills and knowledge? Is any one over here with good OpenERP API integration knowledge?

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 8/5/13, 1:59 PM

OpenERP and all its modules are fully open source, released under the AGPL license.

( Source http://www.openerp.com )

The API (with code examples) is discussed at https://doc.openerp.com/v6.1/developer/12_api.html/

On 8/5/13, 10:11 AM

Yes OpenERP is opensource for developers. In my company for exemple we have an api who connect Magento to OpenERP.

You can develope an API wich answer to your needs.

And you have access to the base code of OpenERP.

On 8/5/13, 10:18 AM

this is what we had in mind too before the choice of OpenERP. He may does not have the right skills since openerp is built in python. Do you provide openERP customization/integration with other systems or do you use it for your business?

Both. We use it and we provide openERP customization/integration.

on 8/5/13, 10:27 AM

May I have your skype please for further discussion about this? Thank you

on 8/5/13, 10:45 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 8/5/13, 10:02 AM
Seen: 1543 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM