Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Is Odoo8 free for on-premise use with user base more than 2

By
Paul
on 11/12/14, 4:13 AM 530 views

Hi,

I am looking for staright forward answer to following question. I have tried various options - forums, google etc but i am not able to clearly comprehend the licensing policy. 

"Is Odoo 8 free for on premise installation if i decide to get the code from GIT and install it myself and having 2+ user base?

I am not interested in enterprise pack and other support options ( monthly support, upgrade, bug fix).

Is there a clear licensing document availble on Odoo web site. 

Paul

Ludo - Neobis

--Ludo - Neobis--
| 2 2 5
Hoogvliet, Netherlands
--Ludo - Neobis--

Developer

Ludo - Neobis
On 11/12/14, 4:41 AM

The pricing you see on the Odoo site is applicable only if you decide to run with their SaaS package. This means a server, some modules and support.

Since the software is open source, you are allowed to use it as such.

Mind you, as soon as you decide to become a partner and provide others with Odoo installations, the need for contracts will arise. These will be handled seperately by Odoo. If you get to that point, just send them an email.

Ludo, Becoming partner seems to be an optional step. Isn't that so? I should be be still be able to provide Odoo services to other or at minimum run Odoo installation in house to run my business, with any additional cost.

Paul
on 11/12/14, 12:28 PM

what do you mean be "This means a server, some modules and support."

jagbir
on 11/13/14, 3:00 AM

@Paul: Yes, that is completely optional. In fact, not a whole lot of people do this. Only dedicated companies. Odoo follows the AGPL license though, so you will have to see what that incurs. @jagbir: That means you will get some server space with an Odoo instance, any number of modules to be installed and support on those modules. Read odoo.com/pricing for more information.

Ludo - Neobis
on 11/13/14, 3:15 AM

ok thanks, what is difference between SaaS edition and community edition?

jagbir
on 11/13/14, 4:42 AM

SaaS means "Software as a Service", as in, kind of like web hosting. Your are offered some space on a server with a running Odoo instance. The community edition can be downloaded and deployed on a privately owned server.

Ludo - Neobis
on 11/14/14, 3:00 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/12/14, 4:13 AM
Seen: 530 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM