This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hi, 

Odoo looks awesome because of its modularity, ease of use and Python. Though I am wondering if I can start small with the one or other e-commerce project, even for smaller shops, so it should definitely not be the enterprise version.

Are there any other options than odoo online? As far as I understand the community edition does not support ecomerce or not all of its features.

From the technical side, I would like the frontend to be a PWA (Progressive Web App) with quite some freedom on customization, maybe I even need a complete custom front-end built from scratch. Does any odoo non-enterprise option support a REST API on the backend in this direction?

Thanks for any help.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

If you are not looking to go with the Odoo enterprise or Odoo online, you can have a look at the Odoo CE. The main difference is the UI and in the EE there will have some enhancement for all the modules. In your case Odoo 12 CE is having the eCommerce module. You can check whether the available feature in the Odoo CE eCommerce is enough for you or not.

Thanks

Discard
Author Best Answer

Thanks for the answer. The differences between the EE and CE don't sound very exciting but I'll check it.

I guess the right solution would be odoo online, respectively odoo online with odoo.sh, though that's far too expensive for smaller e-commerce projects.

Karl H.P.

Discard