Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Is Odoo online for 2 Users Free Forever?

By
Hamid Ali
on 8/20/14, 5:03 PM 6,780 views

Hi everyone. Odoo says "

• Companies can test Odoo for free without other limits than the 2 users one. They can benefit from the cloud offer during their evaluation period. (no more 15 days free trials)"

I would like to ask is this 2 Users Plan free forever or only for 15 Days. I have a small retail outlet and I think this plan is perfect for me if it is free forever. Please help me understand this plan.

Free plan is not working.

rf
on 9/27/14, 11:28 PM

Stephen Mack

--Stephen Mack--
| 8 8 9
Santiago, Chile
--Stephen Mack--

Some people call me a karma whore, I only ask for 10 points if you like my answer and 15 if I happen to get it correct.

Stephen Mack
On 8/20/14, 7:56 PM

Hamid, Sure two users unlimited odoo modules SaaS hosting is what odoo is offering.  There are some limitations of course.

• You can not point your own URL at your odoo website.  Your web address would have to be: http://your-company-name.odoo.com not http://www.your-company-name.com
  • You can only install odoo developed modules.  Odoo does not permit community or user-developed modules to be installed on their servers.
  • Of course you are limited to no more than two users

If you can live with those restrictions it's a great deal, plus you can always ask for and receive a copy of your data whenever you want.

Thanks Stephen for this crystal clear explanation. Really appreciate that.

Hamid Ali
on 8/21/14, 2:18 AM

I think it is possible to overcome the first limitation by paying Odoo SA some money - can someone confirm this ?

Hertford Developments Limited, Kurt Haselwimmer
on 8/21/14, 2:39 AM

Kurt, I asked them and they said no. The only way would be a full paying customer. You can't just pay for that feature. sadly.

Stephen Mack
on 8/21/14, 2:52 AM

Can I use my own domain name?

Yes, we can set up your own domain name for Odoo Standard or Business (paid subscriptions only), e.g: www.mycompany.com. We can also manage email addresses.

That would seem to indicate that an odoo standard customer can user their own domain name - i.e. mybrilliantdomainname.com

Kurt, I asked them and they said no. The only way would be a full paying customer. You can't just pay for that feature. sadly.

Sent by OpenERP S.A. using Odoo. about Forum Post False

Hertford Developments Limited, Kurt Haselwimmer
on 8/21/14, 3:03 AM

I'm not so sure Kurt. I contacted odoo support on July 10th and was told by Richard Mathot that "The custom domain feature is available for paid subscriptions only ('Business Packs' or 'Standard Pack' with > 2 users)." I would be happy to be wrong so please contact support and report back. Not sure they want the same question from me again.

Stephen Mack
on 8/21/14, 8:48 AM

Another thing about the 2-users-4-free account is ... once you might be growing out of it can be tricky to migrate to anything else then the saas. An example: odoo 8 stable and saas-6 are identical. But as soon saas-7 comes along, and you are being migrated to it (which happens automatically on an saas subscription I guess) the database you will be running then will not fit an odoo-8 stable anymore probably. So, you can not just easily backup your database and restore it on any (local) odoo-8 server. You have to back-migrate to it, so to say. I'd say that is also a limitation one should be aware of.

gunnar
on 9/28/14, 7:02 AM
Manuel
On 2/3/16, 2:13 PM

Will the free-for-2-users edition automaticly upgrade to odoo 9?
How can i initiate this?
I´m an existing user (version 8).  

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

4 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/20/14, 5:03 PM
Seen: 6780 times
Last updated: 7/13/16, 4:04 AM