Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Is it to change the module arrangment ?

By
muthunaveen
on 4/26/14, 3:01 AM 1,232 views

Hi all,

I have the module arrangment order as Sale Accounting Purchase Wareshoue Settings. I wish to change it in my desired order as per user convenience. Is it possible to change the order ? if yes how can we do that ?

Thanks in advance

Vivekrajan
On 4/26/14, 5:09 AM

Hi,

I think you want to rearrange the order in which the menu are shown on the menu bar.

If my understanding is correct, you can do that very well using the following

1) Inherit all the menu that you want to rearrange and change the sequence attribute for those menu. All the menu will be rearranged.

Here's the template of a menu item :

<menuitem id="menuitem_id"
          name="Position/Of/The/Menu/Item/In/The/Tree"
          action="action_id"
          icon="NAME_FROM_LIST"
          groups="groupname"
          sequence="<integer>"/>

sequence is an integer that is used to sort the menu item in the menu. The higher the sequence number, the downer the menu item. This argument is not mandatory: if sequence is not specified, the menu item gets a default sequence number of 10. Menu items with the same sequence numbers are sorted by order of creation (_order = "sequence,id").

I have tried it for menu items but not for top menu. But it should work in the same way for top menu as well. Just try it.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/26/14, 3:01 AM
Seen: 1232 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM