Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Is it possible to use the odoo 8 web module as an intranet?

Haider Alleg
on 9/20/14, 3:46 PM 1,838 views

I managed to get odoo up and running and this is great. Thanks for this. 

Now getting my hands dirty, I am actually planning to use the web module but for internal usage. Meaning I want only customers and employees to have access to some or full part of the web modules.

From my first test, as soon as I get the web module activated it gets up and take over the gated section.

Is this possible to achieve though?

Did you manage to restrict access? I tried with these 2 views - but it seems these are not the ones.... website_forum.forum_index website_forum.header

Tobias Frankl
on 9/21/14, 8:33 AM

Sorry - I tried to edit the view. With the description of Fabrice and Forum.Forum it works! Now it would be wonderful to have a bublic Q&A and an internal one...

Tobias Frankl
on 9/21/14, 8:37 AM

Still searching, so far the setup I would like is a home page with public access that direct to gated modules depending on the roles (employees, candidates, customers or partners). Actually your comment is giving me a head start as all my tentatives so far are very binary (meaning either I block everything or everything remains open).

Haider Alleg
on 9/21/14, 8:55 AM

Hey Tobias, would be glad to know the procedure you took to make it works for you. I can restrict the access but I am not getting the login screen when clicking on the forum link for example. I just get a 403 page. Do you as well?

Haider Alleg
on 9/21/14, 2:45 PM

Found the restrictions by modules, but the problem I found is when I restrict a page, the 403 code comes right away. My goal is to load the web login screen to direct the user after signing in to the right page. Any clues that might help please? Cheers.

Haider Alleg
on 9/21/14, 2:46 PM
Haider Alleg
On 9/21/14, 2:47 PM

Got it. I changed the 403 view thank to Tobias lead. I actually kept it but add it the login view in it with some cleaning it looks good. Thank you all.

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)

--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--
| 7 7 8
San Francisco, United States
--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--

Director Odoo USA

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
On 9/20/14, 4:48 PM

Yes, you can use ACLs and record rules to determine which pages can be accessed by which groups of users. It is in Settings > Technical > Security. Web pages are objects just like the rest of Odoo. You manage their access rights the same way as for the rest of the system.

Works for me!

Tobias Frankl
on 9/21/14, 8:38 AM

Hello Fabrice, appreciated the answer and this give some some useful insights. The more I played with it and the more I see the web parts partially private, leaving only some modules gated by users roles. I will dig deeper into the modules to see how can I work their privacy settings.

Haider Alleg
on 9/21/14, 8:56 AM

Hi Haider The Requests are also redirected to the 403 site. I changed the 403 to make it a litte friendlier. You can add a redirect to the login screen if you want, but I want to tell people that this is internal. Good enough for me.

Tobias Frankl
on 9/21/14, 2:28 PM

Thanks Tobias, Would you be so kind to help me just how to define the redirected page. In which screen do you tell the system to run it so? Many thanks in advance and glad it is sorted our for you.

Haider Alleg
on 9/21/14, 2:33 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 9/20/14, 3:46 PM
Seen: 1838 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM