Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Is it possible to set default view mode to "list" instead of "kanban"? [Closed]

By
Justin
on 11/17/14, 9:31 PM 500 views

The Question has been closed for reason: duplicate question

by
Ludo - Neobis
on 11/18/2014 03:29:31

When going to certain views, such as of currently installed modules, I prefer a list view rather than the kanban view.

How can I make this view mode the default for a list or filter? I can save custom filters, but I can't see how to save the view mode?

Maniganda

--Maniganda--
| 5 7 7
Bangalore, India
--Maniganda--
Maniganda
On 11/17/14, 10:50 PM

Hi Justin , this can be achieved by writing the split actions for the views and setting up the sequence

<field eval="0" name="sequence"/>

the lower sequence view will be displayed first

Justin
On 11/17/14, 11:03 PM

I have to write code?

Then the answer is "No, you can't". Because I can make the system do *anything* with code. That's what code is for.

This should be a feature of the UI so that users can set views up how they prefer, with a simple click or two, without having to write any code.

A non-coding answer is in the duplicate of this question: https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/is-it-possible-to-set-default-view-mode-to-list-instead-of-kanban-68131

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/17/14, 9:31 PM
Seen: 500 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM