Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Is it possible to set default view mode to "list" instead of "kanban"?

By
Justin
on 11/17/14, 9:31 PM 2,559 views

When going to certain views, such as of currently installed modules, I prefer a list view rather than the kanban view.

How can I make this view mode the default for a list or filter? I can save custom filters, but I can't see how to save the view mode?

Nehal

--Nehal--
| 5 2 8
Ahmadabad, India
--Nehal--
Nehal
On 11/18/14, 12:36 AM

You can change "view mode" for the action defined for specific object. See @ http://awesomescreenshot.com/02c3va7e3c as an example.

Hope this may help you.

Ace! Just what I was after. I wish you could do this on a per-user basis rather than a global default.

Justin
on 11/18/14, 12:57 AM
Alp SEBER
On 8/3/16, 9:15 AM

You should change the sequence of the views from edit action after enabling developer mode. (from about)

Travis Waelbroeck
On 12/30/15, 8:30 AM

Adding to Nehal's answer, "View Mode" can be changed by finding the proper view in Settings > Technical > Actions > Window Actions > ViewName

Then, you can modify the order of the "Views" sequences at the bottom of the page. Whichever mode is first will be defaulted to.

Faheem Khan
On 11/18/14, 12:30 AM

I hope that you can achive this by activating developer mode. In developer mode you can set many defaults values like as in form fields etc. To activate developer mode please click about odoo , you can find "about odoo" by clicking username displayed at top right corner.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/17/14, 9:31 PM
Seen: 2559 times
Last updated: 8/3/16, 9:15 AM