Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Is it possible to save attachments on the filesystem with Odoo9 ?

By
Amine
on 2/4/16, 5:53 PM 343 views

Salam,

I want to start using odoo9, but I realized that attachments are saved to Database by default, so I'm asking if it is possible with Odoo9 to save attachments to filesystem instead of the DB.

If it is possible, please provide steps to configure things to do it.

If it is not possible, what are the advantages / drawback of using DB for attachments storage instead of Filesystem ?

Thank you in advance

You realized incorrectly - attachments have been stored by default on the filesystem - in the .local folder of the user who runs the Odoo process - since version 8.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 2/6/16, 9:54 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/4/16, 5:53 PM
Seen: 343 times
Last updated: 2/4/16, 5:53 PM