Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Is it possible to only allow specific partners to access the customer portal

on 7/11/13, 8:53 PM 1,319 views

Hi Trying to get to grips with the portal and various communication methods.

Not wanting thousands of users, we would like to allow portal access to our distributors only, whilst preventing access to one off customers.

Is this easily achievable or would I have to start creating a module?

Many thanks in advance.

On 7/12/13, 11:25 AM

Choosing who you want to allow portal access to is standard functionality. When you send the invoice thru mail, you can select which mail template to use. With pdf or with portal link.

Hi. How do I do this? If I enable the customer portal then every invoice has a link attached. How do I select which customers have access?

Trevor Wilson
on 7/13/13, 5:26 AM

You would have to create email templates without the customer portal links.

on 8/14/13, 7:19 AM

Thanks 'Fkyguy' for the response, although I'm afraid its left me a tad disappointed. I was hoping for a button somewhere that allowed people access or not to the portal. The email address is a bit slap dash, relying on users to get it right

on 8/14/13, 7:22 AM

Just have the user choose the correct template...

on 9/13/13, 9:01 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 7/11/13, 8:53 PM
Seen: 1319 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM