Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Is it possible to import null values?

By
Jeff Beidler
on 8/29/14, 12:12 PM 656 views

I'm trying to import suppliers.  Some are for foreign companies that have no state codes, which makes the import process return errors.  Looking in the database, I see that field "state" in "res.partner" is nullable, so why can't I import a blank field? I have also tried replacing empty strings with "NULL" and "(null)", but neither works.

Jeff Beidler
On 8/29/14, 7:46 PM

What ended up working for me was to open the .csv file in OpenOffice, select the blank fields, and hit the "Delete" key.  I then got a pop-up asking if I wanted to delete numbers, text, etc., or "Delete All".  I chose "Delete All", then re-saved the file.  After that, it validated and imported without problems!  Hope this helps someone else when they run into the same issue.

michel Guénard

--michel Guénard--
| 5 5 8
VIROFLAY, France
--michel Guénard--

VP operations & finance Social entrepreneur Certified Public Accountant Past Chief internal auditor

michel Guénard
On 8/30/14, 10:02 AM

I suspect that the fields of your initial csv file were not blank but filled with one symbol/caracter like ' which you cannot see by default.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/29/14, 12:12 PM
Seen: 656 times
Last updated: 7/9/15, 1:26 PM