Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Is it possible to generate a report in xls format in openerp 7

By
Surendar
on 9/6/13, 6:38 AM 1,776 views

i want to generate a report in ms excel formatin openerp 7.. can any one help me to achieve this?

Yes, Use Jasper reports for generating excel reports. For that you have to add jasper_reports module in your server

Abhishek H Menon
on 9/6/13, 8:44 AM

thanks.. i heard aeroo reports also generate in xls format.. is that true?

Surendar
on 9/6/13, 8:55 AM

May be. But My suggestion is Jasper, because using that we can create excel files in a fast and easy manner according to your design

Abhishek H Menon
on 9/6/13, 10:06 AM

thank you.. I'll try it

Surendar
on 9/6/13, 10:10 AM

but i just want to know how to link jasper reports with openerp.. wht is the procedure for making a jasper reports

Surendar
on 9/6/13, 10:13 AM

Yes you can generate xls report using xwlt package but you have to do python code for your report

Jagdish Panchal
on 9/6/13, 10:40 AM

I am a beginner so i don know how to begin this jasper report.. so pls give me the exact procedure to this

Surendar
on 9/10/13, 3:29 AM

Having any sample excel report module??

sridhar
on 3/22/14, 7:49 AM

I can help you, give me your email id then i will send you the document for creating a basic excel jasper report

Abhishek H Menon
on 3/24/14, 9:18 AM

Thank you Abishek, my mail id is gsridharopenerp@gmail.com

sridhar
on 3/24/14, 9:52 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/6/13, 6:38 AM
Seen: 1776 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM