Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Is it possible to do an "exact search" on tags through the "direct search"?

André Antoine
on 2/2/15, 9:02 AM 520 views

Let's say i have 2 customers : customer A with a tag "vip 2015" and customer B with the tag "2015".

if i do a "direct search" with "2015", my results give customer A and Customer B

Now if i do it through the advanced search and search : tags [contains] 2015...my results give customer A and Customer B

And if i do an advance search with : tags [equals to] 2015...then i only have my customer B because it is an "exact search".

So i would like to obtain the same result as the last one but without the need to pass through the advanced search.

Is it possible and if so how? I try with quotes but no result...

André Antoine
On 2/3/15, 3:11 AM

In fact i was looking for an eventual trick to do this without change anything, but change the view do the trick.

Thank you

Mind And Go
On 2/2/15, 12:05 PM

Hy andré it's possible but you'll have to code a little the search view.

Get the search view that is used for your customer view, have a look to it. You'll probably have a 'ilike' operator on the field name. Try to replace it by '=' and try it again.

Maybe you could have oth if you precise a strig for making difference between exact search and general search.

Hope it could help

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 2/2/15, 9:02 AM
Seen: 520 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM