Odoo Help

Is it possible to do an "exact search" on tags through the "direct search"?

By
André Antoine
on 2/2/15, 9:02 AM 649 views

Let's say i have 2 customers : customer A with a tag "vip 2015" and customer B with the tag "2015".

if i do a "direct search" with "2015", my results give customer A and Customer B

Now if i do it through the advanced search and search : tags [contains] 2015...my results give customer A and Customer B

And if i do an advance search with : tags [equals to] 2015...then i only have my customer B because it is an "exact search".

So i would like to obtain the same result as the last one but without the need to pass through the advanced search.

Is it possible and if so how? I try with quotes but no result...

André Antoine
On 2/3/15, 3:11 AM

In fact i was looking for an eventual trick to do this without change anything, but change the view do the trick.

Thank you

Mind And Go
On 2/2/15, 12:05 PM

Hy andré it's possible but you'll have to code a little the search view.

Get the search view that is used for your customer view, have a look to it. You'll probably have a 'ilike' operator on the field name. Try to replace it by '=' and try it again.

Maybe you could have oth if you precise a strig for making difference between exact search and general search.

Hope it could help

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/2/15, 9:02 AM
Seen: 649 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM