Odoo Help

is it possible to connect Zkteco biometric local ip machine to distant odoo 8.0 on vps

By
wajih baghdadi
on 9/12/17, 6:19 PM 194 views

I have and odoo server on ubuntu LTS 16.0x on VPS and want to connect with a local biometric attendance machine (ZKteco).

is it possible to connect wan adress ip (odoo vps) to local ip (zkteco machine) ?

Ahmed elghazaly
On 11/12/17, 9:08 AM

Can you please share with me how you resolved your answer. I keep getting the error "Unable to connect, please check the parameters and network connections".
I used port forwarding from the router's menu .

Ramshri
On 11/5/17, 12:35 PM

Since, you have  your application running on VPS, then you do have the static IP too, i believe. Such cases, you can go for WEB API support for connecting the biometric machines which works over HTTP, hence, you dont need to connect the biometric device with the server over TCP/IP. CAMS  offers web api support for biometric machines, you can use CAMS, eSSL, ZKTeco machines for using those APIs. As per the API, you need to expose an URL from your ERP,  and associate with the machine. Then every time a attendance gets registered in the machine, the URL will be called instantly. Refer: http://camsunit.com/product/zk-teco-essl-api-integration.html for more details.

wajih baghdadi
On 9/13/17, 4:00 PM

no response from community, I resolved and answered myself, 

yes it is possible with port redirect from router

Can you share sample configuration doc fof setup in vps and router? it will be more helpful

Odoo
on 11/12/17, 12:36 PM

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/12/17, 6:19 PM
Seen: 194 times
Last updated: 11/12/17, 9:08 AM