Odoo Help

13 Answers
Aline Preillon (apr)
2/14/13, 10:48 AM

In Settings/Translations/Languages, you can change the date format for the language you use.

But you have to give technical features access to your admin user to see this menu.

Aline

3 Comments
omar bajunaid
3/11/13, 5:30 AM

This allows you to input the date in the chosen format. Upon saving , the display reverts to mm/dd/yyyy format. I tried this in HR. i do not know about the other modules. The field i tried was DOB.

patrick
5/13/13, 8:41 PM

The given procedure is working for me, even when I am using english as a language and the users have Dutch. I can change the format from mm/dd/yyyy to dd-mm-yyyy and they will see the date correctly.

Slim Bhiri
8/10/13, 1:04 AM

My admin and current user uses the French language and i must the English (which i think is the system language) date format language to see it applied in my invoices.

tolstoj

--tolstoj--

| 6 6 8
Germany
--tolstoj--

hi

tolstoj
2/14/13, 10:54 AM

in OpenERP backend:

settings -> translations -> languages -> choose your language to edit -> edit -> Date Format field
1 Comment
omar bajunaid
3/11/13, 5:31 AM

This allows you to input the date in the chosen format. Upon saving , the display reverts to mm/dd/yyyy format. I tried this in HR. i do not know about the other modules. The field i tried was DOB.

Shameem Babu @ iWesabe

--Shameem Babu @ iWesabe--
GLOBAL CREATIVE CONCEPTS TECH CO LTD
http://www.iwesabe.com
| 6 3 7
KHOBAR, Saudi Arabia
--Shameem Babu @ iWesabe--

iWesabe - ODOO ERP IMPLEMENTATION & CUSTOMIZATION SAUDI ARABIA.

For Queries : pks.shameem@gmail.com ,shameem@iwesabe.com

Activities     :    Youtube

Stackoverflow 

Experience

iWesabe                                ◉

Axon Communications        ❍

Cybrosys Technologies        ❍

Shameem Babu @ iWesabe
9/11/17, 1:12 AM

Through code ...

<record id="base.lang_en" model="res.lang">
    <field name="date_format">%d-%b-%Y</field>
</record>
This is working in odoo 10..

Bill Ennals
5/13/13, 7:12 AM

I was also stuck with this. Changing the date format in the Settings/Translations/Languages seemed to have no effect (I even changed both the en_US and en_UK settings). Then I realised I hadn't changed the language setting in my own user preferences (top right hand corner -- User/Preferences/Lanuage). Select the language which you have changed the date format for and save.

This may not be the source of your problem but it may help someone else.

Bill.

swapnil trivedi
10/23/17, 2:51 AM

You can use http://bit.ly/2zIO8JN to change the date format. 

Oliver
9/12/16, 6:38 AM

dbvieira
8/29/14, 2:19 PM

I only have 

settings -> loading a translation

1 Comment
Oliver
9/12/16, 6:38 AM

You need to activate the developer mode, otherwise you won't see the extended menu.

Ask a Question
Tags
Keep Informed
0 follower(s)
About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register
Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now