Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Is it possible to change the current theme/skin? If so how?

By
Innocent Sikhosana
on 3/5/14, 3:44 AM 1,061 views

Is it possible to completely change the current skin and im not talking about changing the colors, I mean a complete overhaul? If so how do i go about doing it without breaking the possibility of future updates?

Thank you

Vivekrajan
On 6/6/14, 7:46 AM

Hi,

You could customize the color schemes by making the desired changes in the following css file named base.css that is located in

addons/web/static/src/css

I have customized the skin for many projects based on the likes of my customers. I want to show the image here. But i am not able to attach it here.

Note: This requires some knowledge on CSS that a developer obviously knows about.

You have a xml too in the src directory. You could modify to change the layout. But its not easy and not recommended.

Vivekrajan
on 6/6/14, 7:48 AM
Alejandro Santana
On 6/6/14, 7:10 AM

I have just seen this:

https://github.com/odoo/design-themes

Yet I did not try it or even know how to apply different themes.

Nehal

--Nehal--
| 5 2 8
Ahmadabad, India
--Nehal--
Nehal
On 3/5/14, 5:26 AM

Hi,

Following link of module may help you to change the theme : https://www.openerp.com/apps/7.0/web_color/

Thanks for the link, but like I said in the original post I am not just looking to change the color I actually want to change the whole theme. aka the layout,navigation etc...

Innocent Sikhosana
on 3/5/14, 12:36 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/5/14, 3:44 AM
Seen: 1061 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM