Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Is it possible to add routing process in sales order ?

By
Divyesh SC
on 3/23/15, 10:26 AM 1,017 views

Hi Community,

i want to decide the routing process as per sales order but i don't know whether it is possible or not.

need your help and  guidance.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Divyesh,

I have recorded a video for you. Here are the main steps to achieve the dynamic selection of different manufacturing processes from a sale order. Here it is: http://youtu.be/pxrNZhESr1g

1. Activate routings in order to define several manufacturing processes

2. Activate properties in MRP and Sales configuration menu.

Why? In order to specify from the sale order which BoM needs to be used

3. Create the properties needed in mrp > config > properties

4. Create 2 routings

5. Create 2 BoMs and link them to routings and properties

6. Create a sale order and in the sale order line, select the desired property.

7. Verify that the generated Manufacturing Order is the right one.

Some concepts:

- A routing defines the operations involved in the manufacturing of your product and the way it will be done: internally or outsourced.

- Properties are a mechanism to help you select among different Bills of Materials

I hope this help.

Regards,

Hello, KLP Thank you very much for the help. but i have little confused that what if i have a process internal as well as outsourcing. TIA

Divyesh SC
on 8/13/15, 12:21 AM
Naresh Soni
On 3/23/15, 11:41 AM

Hi

Just activate the option to do so ! Choose from settings/Configurations/Sales/ under Quotations and Sales Orders -->Sale Features--->"MTO, drop shipping,... on sales order lines"

Thanks,

Divyesh SC
On 3/25/15, 8:38 AM

Hi Naresh,

Thanks for your reply.

But it is not what i am looking for. I want to add or select routing process in sales order.

as in my case Client wants to decide the manufacturing process while confirming the sales order and this would be seen in manufacturing order as a routing process and would generate work orders accordingly.

thank you

Divyesh SC
On 3/25/15, 8:38 AM

Hi Naresh,

Thanks for your reply.

But it is not what i am looking for. I want to add or select routing process in sales order.

as in my case Client wants to decide the manufacturing process while confirming the sales order and this would be seen in manufacturing order as a routing process and would generate work orders accordingly.

thank you

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/23/15, 10:26 AM
Seen: 1017 times
Last updated: 3/27/15, 6:09 PM