Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Is It Possible To Add Pictures (Not Products) To A Custom Report?

Alex Gallien
on 7/11/14, 3:01 PM 407 views

I would like to add some logos (certifications, etc) to a Quotation page, but I am not sure if that is possible. I can get the main logo (corprate header to print without issue, but no other images. Is it possible to add images besides those of products or the corprate logo? If so, where on the server are they stored, and how do I reference them? Thanks!

One would think that you could just reference them as normal HTML. I tried simply adding "" into one of my templates, thinking that it would read from the web root directory of the web server, but it doesn't work.

Jeff Beidler
on 1/19/15, 6:47 PM

Ha ha! It's trying to interpret my use of '' as actual HTML code! This site really needs some form of markup/markdown code.

Jeff Beidler
on 1/19/15, 6:48 PM

Dang, it stripped that out, too! I guess you can't even use anything that even remotely looks like an image tag, no matter if you purposely make it invalid HTML or not!

Jeff Beidler
on 1/19/15, 6:49 PM

Yeah this forum is in desperate need of a code block. I really don't get why it doesn't exist. Anyway I figured this out a while ago, so if you're looking to put images in an RML report here is some sample code for you http://pastebin.com/n26rsBvN. It has to be within the pageGraphics tag within pageTemplate, but it will work when you do that. Cheers!

Alex Gallien
on 1/19/15, 6:55 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 7/11/14, 3:01 PM
Seen: 407 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM