This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Is it possible to add a translation for a customer name or product name from odoo GUI ?
if it possible how can I do that ?
what are the values i have to give for 'Translated Field' and 'Type'

Discard

The untranslated Customer names makes a big problems with the companies which have multynational employee

I see that the complain opened in 2017, and till the end of 2021 Odoo did nothing

Best Answer

Once you have more than one Language loaded, you will see the following icon in the User Interface where translation of terms is possible:

To access the translation terms, click the icon:

You can then see the Source term and Translation value for each language loaded.  Edit these like normal Odoo records:

Discard

Yes but it is not possible for Contacts' name.

Best Answer

It is of course not possible to translate a customer name (a customer name has legal implications), but it is of course possible to translate a product name using Odoo's common multilanguage features (load a language).

Discard

I think it is common, though, in many countries in Asia to register company names with both local language and English.

Translation needs to be possible for both company and contacts names and addresses.

For example company 阿里云 has English translation "Aliyun" - both legally refer to the same company.

The chairman 马云 is known as Jack Ma in English locales.

Likewise for addresses - there is a need for both language versions of a company's address to use in different locales.