Odoo Help

7 Answers
Asmita Chavan
4/14/17, 10:16 AM

Try this way, hope this will work for you..

I have kept button hidden on sale.order form, when it's state=='sale'

odoo.define('custom_web_changes.custom_form_view', function (require) {
"use strict";

var core = require('web.core');
var FormView = require('web.FormView');

var _t = core._t;
var QWeb = core.qweb;

FormView.include({
	load_record: function(record) {
		this._super.apply(this, arguments);
		if (this.model=='sale.order'){
			if (this.get_fields_values().state=='sale'){
	        	this.$buttons.find('.o_form_button_edit').css({"display":"none"});
	        }
	        else{
	        	this.$buttons.find('.o_form_button_edit').css({"display":""});
	        }
		}

}

});

});
5 Comments
Ugne Sinkeviciene
4/16/17, 5:51 PM

Hello, thank you for your help. I created mymodule.js file with your suggested code, just changed model name to mine - 'purchase.request' and state to - 'create_order'. Also created mymodule.xml file with code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<odoo>

<template id="assets_backend" inherit_id="web.assets_backend">

<xpath expr="." position="inside">

<script src="/purchase_request/static/src/js/mymodule.js" type="text/javascript" />

</xpath>

</template>

</odoo>

Added mymodule.js and mymodule.xml files to manifest but nothing happens. When the purchase model state is create_order "Edit" button still not hidden. What can be wrong? Also I want to ask about "custom_web_changes.custom_form_view". What does these means? Module name and what else? Thank you in advance.

Asmita Chavan
4/17/17, 2:50 AM

hey hi,

custom_web_changes is module name and custom_form_view is unique id assigned to custom web module we are defining.

Once module is installed, please check whether your custom code is working or not,

please check browser console for that.

put some console.log() statements in load_record function defined in mymodule.js file.

Asmita Chavan
4/17/17, 3:10 AM

in place of "custom_web_changes.custom_form_view", you can put "purchase_request.custom_form_view".

Please try installing module i have created, and let me know whether it's working or not. i hope that will be helpful for you.

get code from : https://github.com/chavanasmita/odoo-hide_edit_button.git

Ugne Sinkeviciene
4/17/17, 8:29 AM

Thank you so much!!! I checked your github code. The problem was that I am using odoo v9 and "Edit" button class is oe_form_button_edit instead of o_form_button_edit. One more question is it a possibility with the same javascript hide button depend on user group role?

wizardz
1/30/18, 1:16 AM

how to remove the bounce effect? when you click on the form. the edit button shows up again?

wizardz
1/29/18, 4:05 AM

the only problem with this, is that the form_view.js has a bouncing function for the edit button. So when you click on the form in the sale.order, the edit button displays...

any fix for that?

Ask a Question
Keep Informed
1 follower(s)
About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register
Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now