Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Is it possible connect newly created workflow with existing object or menu? (I created workflow from Setting->Technical->Workflow)

By
Remya
on 11/11/14, 12:58 AM 1,153 views

First i created a workflow from Setting->Technical->Workflow menu. 

I want to know three this 

1. Is it possible to connect this workflow with newly created Menu?

2. Is it possible to connect this workflow with newly created Object?

3. Is it possible to call exisiting workflow in a new menu?

Please help me anyone...

Dipesh Suthar (dsu)
On 11/11/14, 1:34 AM

Hello Remya,

It is possible to use newly created workflow with the newly created object or existing object, But It's not possible to use for newly created menu or existing menu, You can use that workflow only for any object here.

@Dipesh : How can i connect object with workflow?

Remya
on 11/11/14, 4:40 AM

To connect object with workflow you have to use object name as Resource Object with workflow in create workflow form, For Ex. If you creating one basic workflow for sale order you can use already created object 'sale.order' as object. For your reference providing screenshot to get know in better way: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jq81du9u4l7wl2z/Workflows - Odoo 2014-11-11 15-23-35.png?dl=0

Dipesh Suthar (dsu)
on 11/11/14, 5:12 AM

Ok Thanks Dipesh.

Remya
on 11/11/14, 5:47 AM

Adding on Dipesh's answer. The Resource Object must be the name of ORM model the workflow need to be attached to. You need to also tick On Create to make the workflow instantiate when a new ORM model is created.

Ivan
on 11/11/14, 6:04 AM

@John Thanks.

Remya
on 11/11/14, 6:24 AM

Ivan

--Ivan--
| 5 3 6
Jakarta, Indonesia
--Ivan--
Ivan
On 11/11/14, 3:26 AM

Remya,

Providing some clarification to Dipesh's answer.  In OpenERP Menu Item can only call actions.  There are 6 types of actions that I'm aware of: Window, Report, URL, Window Close (special action to close the current window), Client, and Server.  So, you cannot, using the tools available in the OpenERP framework, call workflow transitions (we execute the workflow by executing it's transition) directly from Menu Item.

Now, you CAN execute a workflow transition through an ORM method (it can also be triggered through a button, but only if the active model and active ID of the view being displayed is defined.  Since this would not be a straightforward process, I'll left this option out for the time being.)  And ORM method can be called from a Server action of from a Button in a view displayed by a Window action.  You can choose one of those routes (Server action or Window action) if you need to call a workflow transition from Menu Item.

How can i work this without python configuration? I need to do this through openerp interface.

Remya
on 11/11/14, 4:41 AM

Remya, AFAIK, you cannot do this through OpenERP interface alone, with or without coding in Python.

Ivan
on 11/11/14, 6:01 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

4 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/11/14, 12:58 AM
Seen: 1153 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM