Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Is it possibel to create time sheet for more than one employee by a user in openerp version 7.0?

By
samba
on 6/27/14, 8:25 AM 1,348 views

one user login to openerp system. Does he create timesheets for more than one employee?

Igor MF
On 6/27/14, 9:22 AM

It is possible, if he has the rights. Have you tried opening your timesheet (it'll open by default in your name, or the name of the first employee of that user), then just creating a new timesheet, in the same week, in the name of some other guy?

Thank you Igor MF, I have tried, but i got this error " ValidateError Error occurred while validating the field(s) date_from, date_to: You cannot have 2 timesheets that overlap! Please use the menu 'My Current Timesheet' to avoid this problem. " Please tell me "what rights the user should have to do this. I tried this with "admin" user.

samba
on 6/28/14, 9:22 AM

I have assign only one user more than three users. i.e employee names e1, e2, e3 but related user is "user1". does this user1 can make time sheet to those three employees?

samba
on 6/29/14, 12:49 AM

@samba, "You cannot have 2 timesheets that overlap" is not related to user rights, the system actually searches if there are other timesheets for that employee in the same date-range. If any day match, it won't let you create a new timesheet, overlapping another one... Try removing all search filters on the list view and check if there are other timesheets open for that user

Igor MF
on 6/30/14, 11:15 AM

Thank you Igor MF. My problem solved when i create one user for one employee i.e if i need to enter 10 time sheets for 10 employee for a week, it's mandatory to create have 10 related users for 10 employees. Try the above scenario what i mention in first comment, it's definitely raise the warning. I had one conclusion with this warning. In openerp it is mandatory to create a user for employee. Please suggest me, if i am wrong any where..

samba
on 6/30/14, 11:32 AM

@samba, you are actually right... This is definitelly a bug, where it checks on the user's timesheets, instead of on the employees... Should be reported..

Igor MF
on 6/30/14, 1:19 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/27/14, 8:25 AM
Seen: 1348 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM