Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Is it normal that module installation takes long time?

By
E.M.
on 1/5/16, 6:08 AM 650 views

I am installing a modified version of stock_move_purchase_price, an extremelly simple module which adds a couple of fields.

The module worked fine in our test environment so I moved into production.

Then I discovered that loading the module in a live environment with 9000 items takes a long time (it has been 30 minutes at is still loading...).

Is this normal? How can I check what Odoo is actually doing?

Ermin Trevisan

--Ermin Trevisan--
| 6 3 7
Walchwil, Switzerland
--Ermin Trevisan--

Ermin Trevisan
On 1/6/16, 3:29 AM

Just follow the live odoo log using a command like

tail -f /yourlogdirectory/yourlogfile.log

See additional edit.

E.M.
on 1/6/16, 3:48 AM
E.M.
On 1/6/16, 3:47 AM

I checked with tail -f and the last message was that it was "updating tables" (as expected as the module was adding a field). After 1 hour waiting I restarted the server, cancelled module installation and relaunched module installation. It was installed in few seconds as usual.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/5/16, 6:08 AM
Seen: 650 times
Last updated: 1/6/16, 3:47 AM