Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Is it easy to duplicate entire sections and functionality in v7 (such as phone calls, opportunities, etc)?

Sean Samborski
on 1/15/14, 4:14 PM 516 views

I would like to know if it is possible to easily duplicate certain sections of the site. For example, I would like to copy "Opportunities" into a new section, leaving Opportunities intact, but have a completely separate section for the new items. So if I create an Opportunity 1, I'm creating an opportunity normally but if I create a "Opportunity 2" then I'm creating something that works the same as an opportunity but in a new section and tab.

Another example would be the phone calls section. If I duplicate this section and call it chat sessions, it will have the same form and functionality of the phone calls, but all be under this new tab. I realize I can do all this with custom modules, but is it possible to just copy the modules already created, change the verbiage in the module code and have what I want?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 1/15/14, 4:14 PM
Seen: 516 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM