This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Instead of having an extra "Administrator" user I'd like to rename that user to my own name and use it day-to-day.  Is that OK?  If not, why?

Discard

Technically this won't give you any problems. There is only a bit more of a risk doing something wrong as the admin account has full rights and thus can access/delete anything.

Author

Thank you, I'll select your answer if you'd like to convert your comment to an answer.

Best Answer

Yenthe: at the beginning I was experiencing several unexpected problems when using the admin user for operational purposes, also when renaming it or even copying it. By learning it the hard way, I would never ever use the admin for operational purposes and definitely I would never rename it. It might be, that some of the problems are sorted out meanwhile, but you can run into new problems any day when installing new modules. I use the original admin for installation/deinstallation of modules and for technical settings only.

So my clear answer from very bad experiences: No, never!

Discard
Author

Was that in 8.0? Do you remember what any of the problems were?

Yes, 8.0. Unfortunately, I do not remember the particular problems, as I had so many problems since I started with Odoo in September last year that I really can't allocate them to particular causes anymore. I have the original admin user (without email) for the purposes I have mentionen in my answer. Additionally I have created a Master user (with email address) with english language preference and manually attributed full access rights. Then I use a Manager user with email address for each operational language, which has manager access rights without technical features.