Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Is Helpdesk really working in OpenERP 7?

Jean-Baptiste Quenot
on 9/20/13, 8:28 PM 6,639 views

Hi, I setup the helpdesk module to create a new entry when email arrives on support@mycompany.com. The entry is properly created, but there are a few things I don't understand:

1) how to send an automatic reply altering the subject with request ID?

2) how to reply to the customer from within OpenERP? It must be obvious but I can't find it.

3) does the helpdesk module track replies?

On 1/11/16, 8:12 AM

How can a customer email answer go to the same ticket ??? HOW?

Dare Ojo-Bello
On 7/28/14, 6:00 AM

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your post which dates back to September 2013. I have read your comments but obviously needs more help in getting this setup. Please can you elaborate more or if you have an update to your post.

Many thanks

Chuck Andrews
On 2/8/14, 2:50 PM

To capture inbound message to a support@ address, just setup an inbound mail gateway for the mailbox in question under General Settings. Under Actions to Perform on Incoming Mails, set the Create New Record to Helpdesk. When emails are sent to the address, a Helpdesk record will be created. You can setup multiple inbound gateways to multiple email addresses/accounts for various records.

Hope this helps,

Chuck Andrews

heudt vivien
On 12/6/13, 9:28 AM

someone can give me an exemple of configuration to create a new issue when i received a new email plz?

dave ellis
On 9/22/13, 1:03 PM

Update on this, I have added that it does not work on manual tickets, which we rarely do.

And I am finding this module less and less useful now we are a few weeks in testing this. I have to agree, this is not a helpdesk screen, but more a customer relationaship screen. Where you can record a piece of communication, but that's it. OpenERP is seriously lacking a basic helpdesk module:

• Receive emails and it creates a ticket, we get a unique ID for that requires, it sends a confirmation to customer.
  • We create a manual ticket, it creates a unique ID and it sends a confirmation email to the customer.
  • Customer replies, it goes back into the same ticket.. assumption if same subject or however best way to combine with existing ticket from email.
  • We update the ticket and customer gets a copy of the update
    • Internal notes updates are not sent to customer or seen via portal.

Anyone ever had any success? Or are all companies using a seperate Helpdesk system?

Ok I have the helpdesk (crm.helpdesk) pretty much up and running now. Yeah, there has to be some tweaks to get it going.

I'll try to list out the changes, but ask away if I seem to have forgetten something.

First a unique ID, I thought I might be able to use the record ID. Which in the DB has a sequence number, but unfortunately it does not show up in the Helpdesk screen. So I created a new custom field via the settings>database>model screen. For me I added one called x_ticket_id, as x_ is always used to identify customisation. This field was set as an integer and saved within the model. I then created a sequence within postgresql, attached that to the new field, to start from 5000, but you could have it starting from anything of course! I increment it by 1, but again depending on your needs, can adjust this value. I then went to edit the view and added my new field, for me I added it to the top with a html heading tag, to make it larger and obvious on the screen. Again, you can add this anywhere. I'm sure within OpenERP this can be done, but I became bored of the empty questions, like you mentioned earlier.

You can reply, by using the messaging section at the bottom. * Going to add a note to this. We have emails coming in and do not manually create then... generally. It seems if it does not coming in from an email, the customers details are not added as a follower, which completely messes up the Helpdesk.

Again if you set the ticket id in the sending of the email, it should go back into the same message. I have had success with this.

If any of this needs clarifying, please feel free to ask.

<edit> sorry to add, I created a tab within the customer field, used a manytomany field linking back to the Helpdesk to get the existing tickets via the Partner screen. <edit>

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

6 follower(s)

Asked: 9/20/13, 8:28 PM
Seen: 6639 times
Last updated: 8/17/16, 7:28 AM