Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Is date-dependent pricing possible (supplier price list valid 01/01/2015)?

Stephan Klee
on 1/2/15, 11:20 AM 801 views

I understand how to import and map supplier price lists. I understand defining price lists versions (selling and purchasing). Nevertheless, what I do not understand is, how I can manage date-dependent pricing (not talking about special campaigns and rebates). To be more precise, here is what I would like to do:

Supplier A is sending me his new price list for 2015 in November 2014. I want to prepare my price list in December and then have it automatically go live 01/01/2015.

Is this possible in Odoo/OpenERP or would I need to wait for New Years Eve and manually start the import of the supplier lists?
I know many ERP programs which cannot handle date-dependent pricing as (tried) explaining above. Years ago when I needed to evaluate an ERP program, we went for Navision, since it could handle date-dependent pricing.

This has also the big advantage, that I can keep track on how suppliers prices develop over the years.

I am new to Odoo and very impressed, but can somebody please help and let me know, whether Odoo can do what I call date-dependent pricing?

Stephan Klee
On 1/3/15, 5:26 AM

But then I would expect to find a list somewhere with SKUs, cost price and „is active from ../../..”.

If my supplier raises cost price, I would not want to change my rule to calculate sales price – I still need my margin. But your screenshot just shows this option.

As far as I understand Odoo, these pricelist versions are great to calculate e.g. a price list for a customer who has a fixed discount or for special, temporary sales like “summer clearance on product category X”.

Still I am looking for a “traditional” purchase price list from supplier A showing all his SKUs and the possibility to import a new price list there with an active date.

Maybe I should reformulate my question. When using price list versions, does Odoo generate price on the fly, when an order is created or does it store prices in a seperate table after creating the rule? If the latter, where are those tables?

Stephan Klee
on 1/4/15, 3:17 AM

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 1/2/15, 12:08 PM

Each version of a Pricelist has a start date and end date:

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 1/2/15, 11:20 AM
Seen: 801 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM