Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Is composition possible in models?

By
Daniele Bondì
on 1/25/14, 12:06 PM 505 views

I have the need to create a model that can store a set of fields twice. My first thought was to create a data structure that holds the fields and put two instances of it in the model. But as far as I know this isn't possible, since all the fields that I use in my object need to be a subclass of fields._column.

Creating another model out of the set and linking instances of it to the main model doesn't seem useful, since their lifetime needs to be the same as the main model, and I don't gain direct access to the set fields anyway (which is what I'm looking for).

So the question is: Is there a way to include (several copies of) a set of data inside a model and directly access it from the model (without using related fields)?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/25/14, 12:06 PM
Seen: 505 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM