Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Is Company (On change function missing)??

aci aisha
on 1/30/15, 1:19 AM 485 views

Which function works when the field changed,

<field name="is_company" on_change="onchange_type(is_company)" class="oe_inline"/> <label for="is_company" string="Is a Company?"/>)

I search for onchange_type(is_company),,but i cant find it?

On 1/30/15, 1:52 AM

search for onchange_type in the .py file. You can find it in base > res > res_partner.py, res_users.py.

aci aisha
on 1/30/15, 1:54 AM

| 5 4 8
Kochi, India
ODOO technical and functional

I like learning new thing, especially technical thing. I am a quick learner, I can learn technical things very fast. I have good logical skill,  I have immense interest in programming.

e-mail id : baijuks@hotmail.com

On 1/30/15, 3:37 AM

for with Hi Aisha,

search for 'onchange_type' and you will get the function defintions and you can find the function you are looking for with the help of object to which that function belongs to.

For Example I am just printing one function:

def onchange_type(self, cr, uid, ids, is_company, context=None):
        value = {}
        value['title'] = False
        if is_company:
            value['use_parent_address'] = False
            domain = {'title': [('domain', '=', 'partner')]}
            domain = {'title': [('domain', '=', 'contact')]}
        return {'value': value, 'domain': domain}

Hope this helps,, let me know if any querys

what is "title" & "use_parent_address" means

aci aisha
on 1/30/15, 3:51 AM

those are field names

on 1/30/15, 6:52 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 1/30/15, 1:19 AM
Seen: 485 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM