Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Is a GTK or desktop client 7.0 available or planned?

v7
By
ton123
on 2/12/13, 9:14 AM 7,484 views

For the 6.1.1 I am also working with a 6.1.1 GTK client. It has some more functionalities than the web client and it works a littlebit more convenient. Especially because I can open documents without downloading them and pollute my download directory with them. And when a function in the webclient doesn't work or doesn't work as expected I have a workaround with this GTK client.

So I wonder if a GTK client 7.0 is available or planned.

Daniel Reis

--Daniel Reis--
| 6 7 9
Lisbon, Portugal
--Daniel Reis--

Author of the "Odoo Development Essentials" book.

Applications Manager at Securitas Portugal

Github: https://github.com/dreispt

Twitter; @reis_pt

Daniel Reis
On 2/12/13, 9:36 AM

The GTK Client if officially discontinued, as explained by Fabien Pinckaers in the Community mailing list.

Development will concentrate on the new Web client introduced in v6.1.

Thanx for your quick and good answer Daniel.

ton123
on 2/12/13, 12:31 PM

A big mistake, web interface is more slow when you are working

Ignacio Ibeas - Acysos
on 2/27/13, 11:47 AM

I agree with Ignacio... although the web interface has much more eye candy, the gtk-client had its advantages. but i do believe you guys at openerp have weighed this out appropriately. in any case, thank you for the great software, and to all the community for its continued effort in this ever developing endeavour.

Niklaus Hartmann
on 5/3/13, 6:44 PM

I would have so preferred the client, it's so easy to use, why would you even try fixing something that was perfect!!!

Shivang Khanna
on 3/7/14, 12:06 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/12/13, 9:14 AM
Seen: 7484 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM